Saturday, March 7, 2009

Grown Up Babies

So Grown, yet such babies…

Today is a perfect example of how young these kids really are, even though they think they are so grown at 12. 

One of my girls came in a giant fluffy down-filled jacket, zipped up all the way to the top, almost choking her.  After being inside a little while, she attempted to unzip it, since it isn’t needed inside. 

She can’t do it.

Her zipper is stuck. 

So she had to come over to me and ask me to get her out of it… just like she’s probably done countless times with her mother. 

I thought it was so hilarious, but also really sweet.  It does make me happy to be that trusted by the children.  Like the girl last year who got stuck in a bracelet and panicky, so I had to use wire cutters to get it off of her.  She trusted me to use sharp objects near her arm.  

And my student today let me attempt to get her out of her jacket, risking a zipper pinch (she had it up so high she had to tip her head back so I could get to the zipper.)

I love forming relationships with the kids that lead to trust!

No comments: