Monday, July 30, 2007

Train the Teachers!

I love teacher trainings! I hate teacher trainings! I am so confused!

I do love getting new ideas. I love that many of the trainings give you free stuff. And I love that I can apply it to my re-certification (I can't lie!).

However, I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE how someone far removed from the classroom, somewhere in the head offices for our school system, makes the decisions about what I need to attend.

Sometimes, this is no problem. Some things we DO all need to know.

But I am attending training today and tomorrow, and I hate it. It's not really helpful (at least yet. I am slightly more excited about tomorrow's topics), and it's summer still. We only have 2 weeks. They're taking it away from me by making me attend this training. AND THEY ARE NOT PAYING ME.

I don't mind attending trainings at night, when I pick them, and not getting paid. I am choosing the ones I think will help me.

But heaven help me, I was bored today.

No comments: