Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Train the Teachers, Part Two

This is my second (and final!) day of training... and I'm currently IN my training! As a technology-obsessed person, I have always enjoyed trainings that involve computers, as I can follow along and still keep myself occupied by playing on the computer.

I do sometimes miss things, but I can generally catch up.

I am much happier today, though I feel tired. I think having the summer off is great, but it sure does mess up sleeping patterns! Lunch is in only 7 minutes, so that's a great thing, too. I can't deny it. I'm just like my kids.

Today was much more helpful than yesterday, but then I was looking forward to today's activities. I learned about how to do a literature circle (which I wanted to do as school starts this year but has long confused me) and I am now learning how to use the online portion of our curriculum.

I am very impressed with what the online portion can do... I can assign tests, leave notes, and send messages to individual students. Everything I'd need.

Now, I just have to figure out ways to implement this curriculum, which I'm not as impressed with... I wish the actual text was as strong as the online portion.

Oh, well. Can't have everything, and at least my training has computer access... and with Internet!

What a perfect training!

No comments: